Most of the days you wake up with the autopilot to comply with the routine. But sometimes, that energy is lacking and the prospect of getting through the day is heavy. In addition, not everyone wakes up in the best of spirits, especially in these tough months. In case today is not the best of the days we want propose you to read some sentences that include small reflections, famous phrases, of people who, at different times in history or geography, have given clues to find motivation.
1. «Consciousness is the greatest agent for change.» This phrase from the famous author of the best-seller «The Power of Now», Eckhart Tolle talk about the importance of being present and aware. Knowing where you are to start the change is essential. Becoming aware of the things you want to change is one of the most important steps along the way. One of the exercises that we usually recommend if you are in the process of changing your job or looking for one is that you do a SWOT exercise in which detail your strengths and weaknesses and analyze the circumstances and opportunities to be aware of the starting point.
2. “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best moment is now». ZEN proverb. Many times the thought that an opportunity has been lost, a train, they say. Do not get carried away by that defeatist idea and start now, this famous phrase comes to say. And, to continue with the simile, the trains pass by the tracks, not in front of our noses, and what you have to do is go to the station.
3. «Success is only meaningful and enjoyable if it feels like your own», Michelle Obama. This is one of the famous quotes that appear on the tops of inspirational quotes. It is part of the commencement address the attorney and former American first lady delivered at Oregon State University in 2012. The things that we achieve with our own effort, at the cost of one’s sacrifice, they are the ones that have the greatest impact on our lives.
4. “Don’t look at your feet to see if you are doing well. Just dance.» It is what you recommend us Anne Lamott, American writer. Don’t overthink it, get out with the beta version. This phrase is a call to action. Sometimes we overthink things so much that it paralyzes us. Don’t wait for it to be perfect. Go ahead and keep improving it.
5. «We don’t need magic to change the world, we already carry all the power we need within us: we have the power to imagine better». This thought from the creator of Harry Potter, JK Rowling, suggests that, a first step before doing things is to imagine them. That puts us on the path to achieving them. Draw them, materialize in an artistic way what you dream of and you will find the way to make it come true.
6. «Drawing, painting and creating are natural human activities, but in many people these capacities remain in the seminal phase, in a latent state, only as a possibility or a wish». This is one of the famous phrases of the American art teacher and nun, Sister Corita, invites through its pedagogical proposal to awaken the ability to create that all human beings have. An excellent way to bring out creativity, one of the most demanded skills to tackle new challenges.
7. «Blessed is he who likes the sweetness of work without being its slave» This writer, the greatest exponent of the realist novel, would say that last year 2020 marked the 100th anniversary of his death, Don Benito Pérez Galdós. The division between work and rest, leisure or other responsibilities it is becoming more and more diffuse. Productivity is related to the best use of time, not the amount of time spent working.
8. «Resilience is the ability to recover and develop after trauma», Boris Cyrulnik. This quality has been applied to lives, traumatic childhoods, as was that of this renowned psychiatrist and neurologist. Thanks to the resilience the terrible events that some people live are overcome. But also, referring to loss situations such as a job. In the world of work, developing good resilience helps to overcome obstacles and to be able to forget the pain to start a new project.
9. «I have never met a man so ignorant that I could not learn something from him». This sentence attributed to the father of modern physics and astronomy, Galileo Galilei refers to the practice that consists of do not miss any teaching. Self-sufficiency is a bad attitude for learning because the ego prevents listening, the attentive observation of who we have in front of us. However, the humility allows us to learn unlimitedly.
10. «I always wanted to be someone, but now I realize that I should have been more specific.» To finish we leave you with the last of these famous phrases of the comic actress Lily tomlin. It is It is essential to use a sense of humor to face the day. Thanks to humor, one takes distance from the small daily dramas and can be seen from another more serene and optimistic perspective.